Saturday, August 4, 2007

VIRTUE: The GOLDEN Rule

I answer some of the questions that is frequently asked when talking about the GOLDEN RULE. The Golden Rule says "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU."

Given the following situations, how would I like to be treated by my teachers and schoolmates:

1. When I have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation?

  • Definitely, I would like them to tell the correct answer in a nice way.I would not like to be offended in front of everyone. Everybody makes mistake and so did I. No one is perfect. Better learn from your mistakes now than suffer at the end.

2. When I am expressing your opinion during class or group discussion?

  • They should listen and approve it afterwards if they like my idea. They could give suggestions and other stuffs if they want. It could be a lot better if we could share ideas.

3. When I commit mistake?

  • As I said earlier, everybody make mistakes and so did I. They should not laugh at me because I commit mistake. I'll take it as a lesson and I wish they could learn from that. They should correct me in a nice way. NO ONE IS PERFECT.

4. When I don't like doing what they want me to do?

  • They should respect my decision because I do know what is good for myself. I have a NAME that I have to protect and so as my PRINCIPLES in life. I dont like to do things which I did not enjoy doing it. RESPECT begets RESPECT and they should know that.

5. When they want to give me their suggestions and comments?

  • I would respect their comments and suggestions because that is their opinion. If that can make the group better then I should be in contrast with that. If we could share ideas equally maybe that is a lot better.

In what I would commit in terms of RESPECT dealing with the MCL community, I would be respecting them, because I kknow they would also RESPECT me too. I would just do what they are doing to me and the way they are treating me because I do believe in the GOLDEN RULE. "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU."

No comments: