Sunday, July 15, 2007

(BlogEntry) Hey I'm a FRESHMEN now

Wow! It's been a while since I was just a poor little kid that cries whenever my mother will be leaving and I'll be staying alone in the school. Funny right? But it's the truth. That was me when I first enter school during Pre-Elementary days. I usually cry because I was a little bit scared of my teachers. But now I realized those experiences and sometimes I laughed at myself eventhough I know that it is just natural for a kid to feel that way. I am so melodramatic. Just kidding. Anyway, this is me after how many years of being a...KID??? Although right now I can't consider myself as totally grown up. But hey I'm trying. Haha. LOL. I'm a college Freshmen now and have to face the truth that this is the next chapter of my life.

Adjustments will never be easy I know. There will be lots of new things that I have to face. There are these challenges and consequences that I will be encountering...SOON! I know at one point I would realize that "I do miss HS" and definitely I will wish that I could still have one more year to stay. Sadness...but I have to move on. It is now the time that I have to think of my future and try to fulfill my dreams...step by step. This will not be easy...but these things will help me grow as a person. So much of the DRAMA, let's get into the blog's highlight itself and it's all about me as a new FRESHMEN of a new school.

Now, let me introduce to you my school Malyan Colleges Laguna also known as MCL. The school brings the Mapua Institute of Technology(MIT) here in Laguna. They wanted to bring the Excellence and Virtue that the school offers to the students. MCL trained the students to become the BESt professionals not only within the country but also worldwide. I was surprise when I heard these thoughts to mostly of the professors of the school. It was a big challenge for the school and also for the students because as we all know we are known to be the "alpha batch" or the "pioneering students" of the school. The future of the school is within our hands and for that this becomes a very big challenge for us to pursue. The first week of my stay in MCL was really great. Although it is somewhat tiring because I have to adjust myself with the environment and worst is my habits during Junior High to being a Senior High. I have to do so much effort in coping to college especially with dealing with new friends, teachers and the school itself.

Let me now tell you what had happened with my first week in school. It was the first day and I was really nervous and became a little bit childish because I was scared of what will happen. I wasn't prepared enough for school because I was busy for some reasons on the day before the 18th of June. I am excited but I can't really remember what I am feeling that day. Maybe I was confused. What I wanted as I remember is really to find new friends and because of that Id tried to be friendly with everyone. It is expected that in the first week, all of us are aloof because we never really know each other well. Lots of introductions were made by the professors and as expected lots of expectations and rules was given to us to know and understand. I was quietly shocked when Mr. DelCastillo, our Logic professor, tried to already give us a seatwork. Everybody didn't expect that considering that it is the first day. But what's good in that activity is I found a new friend that I really find comfortable to talked to. I just noticed that he was quite shy and yet funny when we are talking. So contradicting...LOL. Going back, fortunately, Mr. D.C. give that as our assignment and I was happy because I would have more time to prepare with that. Over all the first day and the rest of the days in the first week were surprisingly great. I met new friends. We exchanged numbers and made all these blah..blah.. talkings. The professors of our block were incredible for they are really good in their fields. I have learned so much and now I find it exciting to go to school everyday.

Definitely I have so many expectations that are running through my mind right now when it comes to college. I really wanted that my college life would be happy. What I have to do is really enjoy my stay and strive harder so that I can reach my goals. I am also looking forward to the exciting things that will be happening in my life. Creepy but I have to prepare myself with the challenges without the exception of PROBLEMS. It will be hard but I know I could do it. Just what Mr. D.C. is telling "Bring It On". Sail away from the safe harbor...EXPLORE.DREAM.

No comments: